Santa Monica toymaker Jakks Pacific Inc. has secured a multiyear licensing deal with Walt Disney Co. to manufacture products for “The Incredibles” animated movies franchise, Jakks said last week. The news came after the company told investors last month that it is expecting a net loss for 2017 stemming from a Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filing by Toy R Us Inc., which carries Jakks products (see page 1). The agreement with Burbank-based Disney will see the toy manufacturer make and distribute action figures and accessories, including minifigures, collectible figures, play sets, interactive and preschool items, and role-play and dress-up accessories, Jakks said. The transactional value of the deal was undisclosed.
– Shwanika Narayan
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jakks Pacific Scores ‘Incredibles’ Licensing Deal with Disney
- Jakks Pacific Renews Licensing Deal for Power Rangers Costumes
- Toymaker Jakks Pacific Renews Disney Deal
- Toymaker Jakks Pacific CFO Steps Down
- Santa Monica Toy Maker Jakks Receives Takeover Offer from HK Company
- Jakks Pacific Adds Harry Potter Tech Wands
- Jakks Pacific Still Considering Meisheng’s Acquisition Offer
- Mattel, Jakks Pacific See Slump in Q3 Earnings