Years with firm: 1
Assets under management: $50 million
TX Zhuo has been involved with startups since his college days when he started then successfully sold an online textbook marketplace. After a stint at McKinsey, where he was a core member of its financial services and consumer goods practices, he came back to his roots and worked for Innovation Endeavors, a venture fund backed by Eric Schmidt. In 2012, he co-founded Karlin Ventures, based in Los Angeles, where he served as managing partner before co-founding Fika.
Industry specialization: Early stage technology investments in enterprise software, financial technology, marketplaces, and digital health.
Deal range: $250,000 to $1.5 million.
Recent transactions: Sample investments include, led Series A investment in Policy Genius, an independent online insurance marketplace; led seed investment in Gyft, a mobile gift card marketplace that sold to First Data Corp.; investor in InAuth, a mobile-first authentication and fraud prevention service that sold to American Express; and investor in Laurel & Wolf, an interior design marketplace.
You May Also Like
- Fika Ventures Launches $40M Seed Fund
- Venture Capital Firm Will Put Money on Startups
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 20: TX Zhuo and Eva Ho Raising $50M for Fika Ventures
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 15: Fika Ventures Raises $40 Million Seed Fund
- TIANXIANG ZHUO
- Karlin Starts Office Hours
- Local Tech Executives See Steady but Cooling Sector
- L.A. Tech Calendar: Jan. 18 – Jan. 31