Years with firm: 2
This is the second venture capital endeavor for the actor and celebrity manager Guy Oseary, who previously built A-Grade Investments (with Ron Burkle) to $250 million from a $30 million fund with investments in companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Shazam, Spotify, and Warby Parker. They started Sound last year with a $100 million boost from Liberty Media. A one-time biochemical engineering major, Kutcher invests his time and energy into helping businesses succeed – not his own money.
Deal range: Sound has invested at every level – seed, Series A, B and C – in 29 companies.
Recent transactions: Lead investor in Apptopia, an analytics, data-mining and business intelligence mobile service. Invested in Imbellus, Matterport, GrubMarket, and Trim since July.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ashton Kutcher
- LA 500: Ashton Kutcher
- The Money Book: Guy Oseary
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures’ New Funding Round
- Silicon Beach Afternoon Roundup June 16: Appetize to Furnish New Minnesota Vikings Stadium
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 18: Health care App Heal Raises $26.9 Million
- Celebrities Become Well-Known as Tech Funders
- Katalyst Media Settles with State on DMV Show