Years with firm: 2
This is the second venture capital endeavor for the actor and celebrity manager Guy Oseary, who previously built A-Grade Investments (with Ron Burkle) to $250 million from a $30 million fund with investments in companies such as Uber, Airbnb, Shazam, Spotify, and Warby Parker. They started Sound last year with a $100 million boost from Liberty Media. A one-time biochemical engineering major, Kutcher invests his time and energy into helping businesses succeed – not his own money.
Deal range: Sound has invested at every level – seed, Series A, B and C – in 29 companies.
Recent transactions: Lead investor in Apptopia, an analytics, data-mining and business intelligence mobile service. Invested in Imbellus, Matterport, GrubMarket, and Trim since July.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Ashton Kutcher
- LA 500: Ashton Kutcher
- The Money Book: Guy Oseary
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures’ New Funding Round
- Silicon Beach Afternoon Roundup June 16: Appetize to Furnish New Minnesota Vikings Stadium
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 18: Health care App Heal Raises $26.9 Million
- Celebrities Become Well-Known as Tech Funders
- Katalyst Media Settles with State on DMV Show