BMG Production Music has acquired Santa Monica independent production house Immediate Music, the companies announced Tuesday.
BMGPM’s Berlin-based parent company Bertelsmann Music Group has a significant presence in Los Angeles, with offices in Miracle Mile. BMG, which serves the film, broadcast, games and advertising industries, also has offices in Nashville, London and Hilversum, Netherlands.
Immediate Music, founded in 1993 by composers and producers Yoav Goran and Jeffrey Fayman, produces original music for motion picture advertising, trailers, commercials and television programs. Recent Immediate Music trailer campaigns include “Wonder Woman,” “War for the Planet of the Apes” and “Star Wars: Rogue One.”
“The acquisition of Immediate Music demonstrates our commitment to offering our clients the highest quality innovative production music, greater access to premium custom services and creative partnerships,” Mitch Lijewski, BMPGM US managing director and international senior vice president, said in a statement.
Fayman said that he and Goran’s dream has been to better direct and expose their cinematic music to a worldwide audience.
“BMPP Production Music is highly focused with an expansive global reach,” he said.
The announcement comes on the heels of BMGPM’s recent acquisition Paris-based independent production firm AXS Music.
BMG Music also announced plans this year to expand into Canada by partnering with Toronto-based Black Box Music.
Contact media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman for the latest in L.A. business news.
You May Also Like
- Deals & Dealmakers: Not So Slow for IPO Market
- Spotify, Universal Music Agreement Offers Album First Dibs to Subscribers
- Disney Gives $100,000 to Center Theatre Group for Musicals in Schools
- New Leadership at Trailer Park Inc.
- Universal Music Group, Facebook Strike Licensing Agreement
- Annenberg Foundation Awards $3 Million to Music Center for Arts Education
- Movie Trailer Composer Rolling Out Record Label
- Mitú Adds Former Nickelodeon President as Chief Executive