Otoy plans to raise $134 million via digital token sale, Hyperloop Transportation Technologies signs memorandum for system in India and SpaceX poised to launch Air Force X-37B before hurricane hits.
Cloud-based graphics rendering company Otoy announced plans to raise as much as $134 million with a digital token sale, reports Variety. The HBO-backed company also recently unveiled a plan to use Blockchain technology for distributed cloud rendering of virtual reality and other video content.
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies has signed a memorandum of understanding with the government of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh to develop a Hyperloop transportation route between the cities of Amaravati and Vijaywada, reports TechCrunch. The two-phase plan includes first conducting a feasibility study beginning in October, which is expected to last around six months, and then to follow that up with Phase 2, which will be the actual construction of the Hyperloop itself.
The U.S. Air Force and SpaceX hope to launch the X-37B reusable spaceplane before Hurricane Irma hits Florida, reports Space News. However, officials in Cape Canaveral, Fla. forecast only a 50 percent chance of acceptable weather for Thursday’s launch.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report June 7: Surf Air Acquires Texas Rival Rise
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Snap Rolls Out Ad Manager for Small Businesses
- Silicon Beach Report March 16: Honest Co.’s CEO Brian Lee Steps Down
- Silicon Beach Roundup June 21: Hyperloop One Explores System in Moscow
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 17: Hollywood Producer Plans to Fund Next Blockbuster with Cryptocurrency
- SpaceX to Build Hyperloop Test Track in Hawthorne
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: SpaceX to Launch Ninth Resupply Mission
- Hyperloop Forges South Korea Ties