PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS ■ Strategic Santa Monica hub location ■ Design focus on employee wellness and safety ■ 360,000 SF (site area) ■ 70,000 SF (buildings)
Just as LA Metro’s emergence in Santa Monica has been groundbreaking in that it catapulted public transportation westward, the state-of-the-art Division 14 Operations Facility is also setting a new standard for transit facilities in general. Designed to exceed Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s sustainability, wellness and innovation goals, the facility enhances the operations and maintenance for the Expo light rail line, promotes employee wellness and integrates seamlessly into the surrounding community. The project is beautiful and functional, but also healthy and safe for employees. LA Metro’s development team worked seamlessly with contractor Kiewit Building Group and architect RNL Design to achieve a result that is sure to inspire transportation operations facilities in development nationwide.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Running With Light Rail
- Who's Brokering Los Angeles (June 25): Completion of New Metrolink Antelope Valley Line Station Brings Flexibility to Local Workforce
- WeHo Wants Rail Connection
- Expo Line on Track for May 20 Opening
- regional report
- Metro Connector Breaks Ground, Legal Challenges Loom
- L.A. City Council Approves $4.9B Contract for LAX People Mover
- Who's Building L.A. (July 17): A Century of Pushing Boundaries