The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority estimates that about a quarter of drivers using toll lanes on the 10 and 110 freeways are switching their FasTrak transponder to carpool, even when they’re driving by themselves, KPCC reports. In addition to stepped up enforcement, Metro is planning to test a camera system that could detect the number of people in a car and issue tickets to those who lie about carpooling.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Turn Signal for Transportation
- Banks Offer Incentives to Move Online
- Port Can’t Navigate Acquisition of Headquarters
- Toll Roads Pay Off Over Long Haul
- Santa Ana Freeway Widening May Move Into the Fast Lane
- Toll Lanes Would Give Drivers the Option to Achieve Greater Speed
- Elevated Lane is Discussed for 405
- MTA’s 110 Freeway Project Now Paying a Toll