Full of user-created videos, Snapchat has avoided joining other social media companies caught up in the spreading of fake news, Bloomberg reports. Snapchat’s vetting system is run by reporters and producers who check facts and run stories by lawyers. By relying on people rather than algorithms, Snap Inc. is banking on content that is more appealing to viewers and advertisers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 26: Saudis to Invest $1B in Virgin Galactic, Virgin Orbit
- SOCIAL FACTORY
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 5: Snapchat Avoids Fake News with Editorial Team
- Fullscreen Buys Social Media Promotion Company
- White House Joins Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 29: Proofpoint to Acquire Secure Browser Developer Weblife for $66 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 19: Analyst Says Facebook Monopoly Crushing Competitors Such as Snapchat
- Facebook Sending Message to Snapchat