Randy Freer to succeed Mike Hopkins as Hulu CEO, e-sports operator Cloud9 raises $25 million from WWE and others, and Army awards $10 million to Neural Analytics for brain injury detector.
Fox Networks Group executive Randy Freer has been named chief executive of Hulu effective Monday, the Business Journal reports. Freer, who had served as president and chief operating officer of Fox Networks Group since 2013, replaces Mike Hopkins, who is leaving to become chairman of Sony Pictures Television. Hopkins had served as Hulu’s chief executive since 2013.
E-sports franchise operator Cloud9 of Los Angeles announced Monday that it had raised a $25 million Series A round from World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. and a collection of other investors, the Business Journal reports. Cloud9 runs e-sports teams for several video game titles including Riot Game’s “League of Legends,” Blizzard Entertainment’s “Overwatch” and “Hearthstone,” Valve Corp.’s “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive,” and Super Evil Megacorp’s “Vainglory.”
Neural Analytics Inc., a medical device maker based in Rancho Park, has been awarded a $10 million contract by the U.S. Army to help develop a portable kit to assess combat-related traumatic brain injuries, the Business Journal reports. The Army’s Medical Research and Materiel Command issued the contract for the development of a mobile device to measure and monitor moderate-to-severe brain injury during battle.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Randy Freer to Succeed Mike Hopkins as Hulu CEO
- Army Awards $10M to Neural Analytics for Brain Injury Detector
- Neural Analytics Inc. of Rancho Park Raises $15 Million in Latest Funding Round
- Neural Analytics Wins Federal Approval for Robotics Tech
- E-Sports Operator Cloud9 Raises $25 Million from WWE, Others
- Randy Freer
- Cloud9 Plans New Esports Facility
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 27: ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Boosts Hulu Subscription Signups