Fox Networks Group executive Randy Freer has been named chief executive of Hulu effective Monday, the company announced today.
Freer, who had served as president and chief operating officer of Fox Networks Group since 2013, replaces Mike Hopkins, who is leaving to become chairman of Sony Pictures Television. Hopkins had served as Hulu’s chief executive since 2013.
“Hulu is at the center of transformation in entertainment,” Freer said in a statement. “Hulu’s management team and employees have positioned Hulu to be a leader in defining the future of content creation, distribution and monetization, all while putting the viewer first.”
At Fox Networks Group, Freer oversaw revenue, distribution, operations, business development and strategy for Fox Television Group, FX, Fox Sports, and National Geographic Partners.
Media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 24: Randy Freer to Succeed Mike Hopkins as Hulu CEO
- Hulu, NBCUniversal Partner in Livestreaming Service Deal
- Randy Freer
- LA 500: Mike Hopkins
- Report: Hulu Close to Naming Mike Hopkins as CEO
- Hopkins Named Hulu CEO
- Former Fox Exec Vinciquerra Replaces Lynton as Sony Pictures CEO
- Sony Pictures Television to Acquire Funimation Productions Ltd.