Tencent Holdings Ltd., the Chinese owner of West L.A.’s Riot Games, is attempting to launch its own game in the U.S. for the first time, The Wall Street Journal reports. “Arena of Valor” will be based on a Chinese game called “Honor of Kings” that has 50 million daily active users, and Tencent has already made deals with Warner Bros.’ DC Comics to license its superheroes for the U.S. version.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- TapZen Receives $8 Million from Tencent
- Tencent Completes Purchase of Riot Games
- L.A. Live Eyes E-Sports Events
- Mobile Games Are a $21 Billion Market
- LA 500: Brandon Beck
- Sports Titans Profile: Marc Merrill and Brandon Beck
- Riot Buys Small Video Game Studio
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 8: China's Tencent Takes 12 Percent Stake in Snap as Shares Plunge