Tencent Holdings Ltd., the Chinese owner of West L.A.’s Riot Games, is attempting to launch its own game in the U.S. for the first time, The Wall Street Journal reports. “Arena of Valor” will be based on a Chinese game called “Honor of Kings” that has 50 million daily active users, and Tencent has already made deals with Warner Bros.’ DC Comics to license its superheroes for the U.S. version.
You May Also Like
- TapZen Receives $8 Million from Tencent
- Tencent Completes Purchase of Riot Games
- What Kind of Game Are They Playing?
- Sports Titans Profile: Marc Merrill and Brandon Beck
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 8: China's Tencent Takes 12 Percent Stake in Snap as Shares Plunge
- Riot Buys Small Video Game Studio
- LA 500: Brandon Beck
- MySpace Expands Chinese Business