SpaceX targeting November for mysterious 'Zuma' launch, Elon Musk readies second tunnel boring machine and New York Yankees invest in Vision Esports.
SpaceX is planning a November launch of a Falcon 9 rocket for Northrop Grumman on a mysterious mission codenamed "Zuma," according to federal filings and company statements, Florida Today reports. SpaceX confirmed on Tuesday that Kennedy Space Center will play host to the secretive mission "no earlier than November," though the Air Force's 45th Space Wing said teams are targeting Nov. 16 for the launch.
Elon Musk said his Boring Co. is readying its second boring machine and it’ll be named ‘Line-Storm,’ borrowing its name from a poem by Robert Frost, TechCrunch reports. Musk also announced that he’s hawking Boring Co. hats via the company’s official website.
The New York Yankees have made an undisclosed equity investment in Vision Esports, an investment company that is the largest shareholder of three eSports-related companies, including Echo Fox, founded by former NBA all-star Rick Fox, which fields 10 competitive-gaming teams, Variety reports. Vision Esports was established by private-equity firm Vision Venture Partners and founded by Fox and VVP partners Amit Raizada and Stratton Sclavos.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 27: Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Machine Revealed
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 16: Sony Skipping E3
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 20: SpaceX Gets $97 Million NASA Contract
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 4: Boring Co. Reveals Proposed Map of Tunnel Under Los Angeles
- Silicon Beach Report May 12: Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Begins Horizontal Digging in Hawthorne with Tunneling Machine
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 30: Amazon Studios to Move into Culver Studios
- Silicon Beach Report July 20: Elon Musk Claims ‘Verbal Approval’ for Hyperloop Route From NY to DC
- Elon Musk