Partner, Greenberg Glusker LLP
Data today drives nearly all enterprises, and Partner Timothy Toohey, head of Greenberg Glusker’s Cyber Security Practice, works to assure that his clients’ proprietary, personal, customer and employee information, and other sensitive data is fully protected and serves its intended purposes. An intellectual property lawyer as well as a privacy and data security attorney, Toohey works hand-in-hand with organizations, entrepreneurs, and high-profile individuals—entertainers, actors, and athletes—on matters of data strategy and security, drawing upon his proven ability to translate technical aspects to non-technical persons. He helps his varied clients efficiently collect and secure the data and intellectual property crucial to their success in today’s connected world. On the cutting edge of data’s role in all aspects of society, Toohey also skillfully facilitates conversations to mediate between the needs of technologists and executives. He advises clients on what can be done to maximize effective data usage to comply with national and international laws, regulations, and best practices. If necessary, Toohey represents clients in litigation involving data security, privacy, and technology.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Regional Report: Getting a Leg Up as a Start Up
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: CYBER SECURITY ATTORNEYS
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: PAUL ROSEN
- Attorneys Hack Away at Cybersecurity Exposure
- 2018 Automotive Review: Connected Car Growth Means Growth of Legal Concerns
- Law Firm Must Ponder Going to Bat Without Its Heaviest Hitter
- Leaders in Law 2017 Nominees: How Safe Is Our Water Infrastructure from a Cyberattack?
- Shadow of the Pellicano Probe Is Lifting From Law Firms