Partner, Chair of IP Practice, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
Ryan Yagura is Chair of O’Melveny’s Intellectual Property and Technology Practice. An accomplished litigator, Yagura steers some of the world’s leading technology companies through their complex patent infringement matters, including representing Samsung at trial against nVidia Corporation, successfully settling two cases on the brink of trial, and defending the company in many more patent infringement matters. Yagura also secured significant victories this past year for AMD and iHeartMedia; represented Apple in a contentious and complex patent case against OpenTV, and is currently defending AMD in a fast-paced USITC investigation launched by ZiiLabs.
Yagura is the O’Melveny partner in charge of numerous firm matters for Samsung. His most significant recent work for Samsung was for the matter of 511 Innovations, Inc. v. Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, for which Yagura led Samsung’s defense in this patent litigation involving optical sensor technology. Yagura and his team had completed pretrial proceedings and were preparing for trial when the parties reached a successful settlement in March 2017.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KENT RAYGOR
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MARK SCARSI
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: BENJAMIN T. WANG
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VALERIE GOO
- Two More Firms Court Clients in South Korea
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: ENTERTAINMENT ATTORNEYS
- Split Decision
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MICHAEL DE VRIES