E-Sports ad tech firm VY Esports raises seed round, Elon Musk offers more details on Big F Rocket and dog walking startup Wag loses pets, draws public ire and spooks investors.
Ad tech startup VY Esports of Santa Monica raised an undisclosed seed round led by Raine Ventures with participation from Courtside Ventures, Elysian Park Ventures and other investors, the Business Journal reports. The company plans to develop an ad platform for buying digital advertisements associated with online e-sports broadcasts.
SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk disclosed Oct. 14 on Reddit additional technical details about his proposed Big F------ Rocket launch system, although he offered no additional information about the costs and financing of the vehicle, SpaceNews reported. Musk said the spaceship portion of the BFR, which would transport people on point-to-point suborbital flights or on missions to the moon or Mars, will be tested on Earth first in a series of short hops.
Dog walking startup Wag lost several dogs recently, drawing public ire on social media, Bloomberg reported. Damage to the startup’s reputation spooked some potential investors, including one who said his venture firm got cold feet after hearing Wag walkers lost dogs.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- E-Sports Ad Tech Firm VY Esports Raises Seed Round
- Silicon Beach Report May 18: Musk Goes Deep on Boring Co. Plans
- Silicon Beach Report April 13: Too Many Robots for Elon Musk
- Silicon Beach Report May 16: Quarterback Gets $2.5 Million to Boost E-Sports Efforts
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 30: Dog-Walking App Wag Lands $300M from SoftBank, New CEO
- Garcetti Announces SpaceX Will Build Big Falcon Rocket at Port of L.A.
- Silicon Beach Report Jan 23: Esports One Raises $3 Million to Help Viewers Make Sense of E-sports Competitions