Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
Valerie Goo, a Los Angeles-based partner at Crowell & Moring, is a nationally recognized trial lawyer with two decades of experience litigating intellectual property matters, including misappropriation of trade secrets, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, patent infringement, defamation, licensing, and right of publicity claims. Goo has conducted jury and bench trials in federal and state courts as a first or second chair, as well as numerous arbitrations. Her litigation experience extends to representing clients before federal and state appellate courts. She has successfully obtained and defended against temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions in IP and trade secret misappropriation matters.
Goo represented a major television distributor in a multi-week jury trial against a leading global media and entertainment company; the issue was resolved favorably for the client. She also successfully represented a leading ad placement and search engine optimization company in a five-week jury trial. In addition, she provides IP counseling in the areas of licensing, trademark and patent prosecution, and assignments. Goo also recently recovered millions of dollars for the owner of a professional automobile photograph library whose copyrights were being infringed.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KENT GOSS
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: IRENE Y. LEE
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: IRENE Y. LEE
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Irene Y. Lee
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: RHONDA TROTTER
- 2018 Intellectual Property & Licensing Law Roundtable: What Businesses Need to Know
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VINCENT H. CHIEFFO