Entertainment and Media Litigation Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
Mitch Kamin is called upon by media and entertainment industry leaders such as 21st Century Fox and Sony Music Entertainment to handle their complex, high profile intellectual property disputes. He has particular expertise in copyright and trademark issues, as well as disputes involving the distribution of intellectual property. He excels in the prompt resolution of claims, often through negotiation or early motion practice; but when litigation is the only option, Kamin draws upon his extensive trial experience, having handled numerous cases in both state and federal courts.
Kamin was one of the founding partners of Covington’s Los Angeles office, where he leads the local Commercial Litigation Practice. He is also a member of the firm’s Communications and Media Practice, which has been described by Chambers and Partners as a “market-leading group” for providing a consistently high level of legal and strategic advice to companies around the world. Additionally, he is a leader of Covington’s Music Industry Initiative, which pools the experience of key lawyers within the firm’s intellectual property, privacy and transactional practices to provide cohesive and innovative counsel to clients in the increasingly regulated and evolving music space.
You May Also Like
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: STEVE MARENBERG
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: AARON LEWIS
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: YAKUB HAZZARD
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VINCENT H. CHIEFFO
- Firm’s Legal Presence in San Diego Proves Brief
- Rights Manager Makes Case for Digital Control
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: ADAM F. STREISAND
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARY CRAIG CALKINS