Partner, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
As the go-to copyright authority for major entertainment companies including Disney, Fox, Warner Bros. and other Hollywood studios, as well as for non-entertainment entities, Munger, Tolles & Olson litigator Kelly M. Klaus is frequently tapped by clients looking to protect their most valuable intellectual property. Klaus is a renowned legal advocate in the copyright community and has successfully represented clients in their most significant IP-related litigation. A widely recognized authority in IP law, he is a member of the Los Angeles Copyright Society, the Copyright Society of the United States, the Copyright Alliance’s Legal Advisory Board and the USC Intellectual Property Institute’s Planning Committee.
Klaus represented Disney, Lucasfilm, Fox and Warner Bros. as plaintiffs in obtaining a preliminary injunction against VidAngel, a service that offers unlicensed streaming of motion pictures and television shows. A federal court held that the studios had shown a strong likelihood of prevailing on their claims that VidAngel circumvented the technological measures that control access to movies on DVDs and Blu-ray discs (i.e., DVD ripping), and that VidAngel infringed copyright by copying and streaming plaintiffs’ movies without authorization.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: TAMERLIN J. GODLEY
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Tamerlin J. Godley
- WHO'S WHO IN LAW - GLENN POMERANTZ
- WHO'S WHO IN LAW - Glenn Pomerantz
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: LAURA D. SMOLOWE
- Warner Bros. Sued Over Liberal Use of "Superman" Footage
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: E. MARTIN ESTRADA
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: LUCIA COYOCA