Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
Kent Goss, a partner at Crowell & Moring, is a nationally recognized trial lawyer on trademark and other IP matters. With 30 years of experience, his practice centers on litigating trademark infringement, copyright infringement, patent infringement, trade secrets, defamation, licensing, and right of publicity claims. Goss has a distinguished record in representing clients in high-stakes matters, including eight- and nine-figure disputes. His numerous litigation successes include both obtaining and defeating requests for temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions, and seizure orders under the Trademark Act.
Goss’ clients include large corporations, media, equity funds, consumer electronics companies, professional athletes, actors, entertainment companies, toy companies, clothing companies and department stores, start-ups, technology-based companies, manufacturers, and homeowners’ associations. Recent high-profile matters involve the representation of NFL star Tom Brady for violations of his right of publicity resulting in multiple settlements before an answer was filed, and ongoing work for Brady involving trademark registration. Goss represented Royce Gracie, one of the most renowned MMA fighters, in a dispute between promoters.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VALERIE GOO
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEYS
- Learning Ropes of Technology Takes Chu From Toys to TiVo
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: ANDREI IANCU
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: RHONDA TROTTER
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: WILLIAM J. BRIGGS, II
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: William J. Briggs, II
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: YAKUB HAZZARD