Dina Kimmel is the CEO and Founder of We Rock the Spectrum. A passionate autism mom, Kimmel has dedicated her life to developing and growing resources for the special needs population, especially children. Kimmel studied business marketing and accounting in college and has always had a keen mind for entrepreneurship, running her own successful retail store for more than 17 years. In 2010, she opened the first We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym in Tarzana. The first of its kind, We Rock the Spectrum Kid’s Gym features special equipment that is geared towards the sensory-safe input that is imperative for the development of special needs children. Sparking overwhelming support due to its demand in communities all over the world, the gym has since grown to over 60 locations worldwide.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jane Applegate---Modeling Agency Fills Special Needs for Publications
- My Gym Targets Baby Fat With Kids Exercise Show
- Golf Business Takes Swing at Tennis
- Three-Ring Appeal For Kids
- Restaurant Aims to Hold Block Party
- CHLA Raises $5.5M at Fundraiser Featuring Kimmel, Scully
- Parents Give Birth to Businesses
- Mother’s Helper