Pasadena-based engineering firm Parsons Corp. announced Tuesday the acquisition of Williams Electric Co. for an undisclosed sum.
Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.-based Williams Electric has a broad electrical engineering practice and contracts with U.S. Department of Defense members and government agencies. The company already shares clients with Parsons, including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, according to a press release. Parsons said it expects the deal to boost its control system business in the U.S. and internationally.
“This acquisition should be viewed as the latest investment within Parsons’ strategy to grow our leadership position in protecting critical infrastructure assets from threats targeting connected operational technologies, including control systems,” said Parsons’ Chief Executive Chuck Harrington in a statement.
Parsons’ 2016 revenue was $3 billion, according to the firm’s web site. The company ranked last year No. 7 on the Business Journal’s Largest Private Companies list with $3.2 billion in 2015 revenue.
Real estate reporter Neil Nisperos can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @ReporterNeil.
You May Also Like
- Designs on Growth
- Duo Looks to Lock In New Cold-Storage Facility
- CGI Investment Strategies Buys Mid-Wilshire Property for 12-Story Project
- Afternoon Briefs
- Pasadena Real Estate Firm Chief Appointed Ambassador to Croatia
- Aecom Buys Newport Beach Firm
- CBRE Agrees to Acquire Atlanta Design, Engineering Firm
- Engineering Services Firm Builds Presence in Brazil