Gary Smalley, Tutor Perini
Gary Smalley began his employment with Tutor Perini as Executive Vice President and CFO in September 2015. After nearly 24 years with Fluor Corporation, Smalley brought the requisite industry experience and background (both technical accounting/finance and financial operations) to allow him to quickly assess areas needing improvement. As CFO, Smalley is responsible for finance/accounting, information technology and human resources and has been on a mission to improve these functions and the overall operations of Tutor Perini since his start date with the company. Smalley is closely involved with financial operations of the company, working in concert with CEO Ron Tutor to drive improvements and accountability throughout the organization, beginning with business unit presidents and controllers. The attention placed on reducing unbilled costs and significant changes as to the extent and timeliness of the related management reporting has allowed the company to monitor far more closely any change orders that are not being resolved in a timely manner and any other reasons that are preventing timely billing to clients.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2017 CFO Awards Finalist: Peter Kim, Katzkin
- LA 500: Ronald N. Tutor
- Monday Rundown: New CEO for Long Beach Hospitals, Gulfstream Accountant Sentenced for Embezzlement, Tutor Perini to Build Philadelphia Hotel
- 2017 CFO Awards Finalist: Paul Kerwin, Westlake Financial Services
- 2017 CFO Awards Finalist: Lenny Moon, Fuller Theological Seminary
- James Frost Promoted to COO of Tutor Perini
- RONALD TUTOR
- Tutor Perini CEO to Reduce Stake