Dan Murray, Dollar Shave Club
As CFO of Dollar Shave Club (DSC), Dan Murray was a contributing member of the leadership team that helped execute and close the Dollar Shave Club / Unilever M&A transaction in August of last year. Murray joined DSC in March OF 2015 and supported the company in its $90 million Series D fundraising, negotiated a $40 million bank line of credit and secured a $40 mezzanine line of credit. These capital resources helped DSC grow its revenue by 48% in 2016, grow its membership to more than three million, and increased its razor market share to #2 in the country. Murray’s team oversaw the implementation/upgrade of its ERP system and implemented advanced analytics and planning tools. While prior to Murray’s arrival, DSC had not completed an audit; Murray’s team proceeded to successfully complete three annual audits in a 12-month period. He and his team helped the company to navigate its first formal annual planning and strategic planning processes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fashion & Beauty Awards: Direct-to-Consumer Finalist
- Leaders in Law 2018 In-House Counsel of the Year Finalists: Allison Buchner
- Online Razor Service Proves Cut Above as $1 Billion Acquisition
- Silicon Beach Report July 13: Spotify Moves to L.A.
- Silicon Beach Report July 20: Dollar Shave Club Acquired for $1 Billion
- LA 500: Mike Dubin
- Leaders in Law 2018: In-House Counsel Nominees - Allison Buchner
- Unilever Reportedly Looking to Buy Playa Vista’s Honest Co.