Boring Co. proposes 150 mph “Loop” for Chicago, party planning website Enjoius raises $1.4 million and Surf Air to accept Bitcoin for payment.
Boring Co. Chief Executive Elon Musk tweeted that his company “will compete to fund, build & operate a high-speed Loop connecting Chicago O’Hare Airport to downtown,” Ars Technica reports. Unlike Musk’s idea for a Hyperloop, a Loop won’t draw a vacuum. “For shorter routes, there is no technical need to eliminate air friction,” The Boring Company’s website states.
Party planning website Enjoius raised $1.4 million round from a group of angel investors, TechCrunch reports. The webpage advertises services for of event professionals and vendors. For consumers, Enjoius is a lifestyle platform where hosts and hostesses can get ideas for how to throw a party.
Subscription airline service Surf Air announced that it will accept Bitcoin and Ethereum for payment, according to a press release. Many of Surf Air’s customers are tech executives and investors, some of whom also invest in cryptocurrencies and related technologies.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 4: Boring Co. Reveals Proposed Map of Tunnel Under Los Angeles
- Tunnel Skepticism Runs Deep
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 31: Elon Musk Says Boring Co. Tunnel Should Be 17 Miles Long in One Year
- Bitcoin at a Glance
- Musk’s Boring Co. Proposes Tunnel Connecting Subway Station, Dodger Stadium
- Elon Musk Says Boring Co. Odds of Success Low, But Still Worth It
- Eatery Owner Sinks Teeth Into Digital Currency