Children’s Bureau provides child abuse prevention and treatment services to at-risk children and parents each year through 21 community sites located in Los Angeles and Orange County. Ninety-two percent of the families served are low income.
Protecting vulnerable children through prevention, treatment, and advocacy.
In 2017, we helped 30,000 vulnerable children and parents gain confidence, develop social connections with others in their community and increased their potential to be a positive force at home and in their neighborhoods.
President & CEO
Jacqueline A. Meek
Chief Development Officer
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Patrick Niemann – Chair
Ernst & Young
Lockton Insurance Brokers, Inc.
Shelli Herman & Associates
Capital World Investors
Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Sandra V. Naftzger
N3 Cattle Company LLC
MUFG Union Bank
DaVita Medical Group
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Marilyn “Mindy” Stein
Tikun Olam Foundation
DineEquity, Inc. (retired)
Oaktree Capital Management
Volunteers are an important part of Children’s Bureau as they help further the agency’s mission by generously providing their talent and resources while also serving as brand ambassadors. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Read books, tutor and lead educational activities via our library program
- Enlist your friends and coworkers to volunteer at seasonal family events
- Actively participate on one of our fundraising event planning committees
- Become a Resource Parent to a foster child by giving them a safe and nurturing home
Children’s Bureau offers donors a variety of ways to invest in our child abuse prevention work including:
- Donate to our Annual Appeal Campaign
- Increase your gift through your company’s Matching Gift Program
- Design a Corporate Partnership with Children’s Bureau that meets your stakeholders and brand objectives
- Ensure Children’s Bureau’s future stability through the legacy of a Planned Gift
- Attend or sponsor one of our Special Events
- Organize your own fundraising campaign through Team all4kids
- Join our vibrant networking group of Young Professionals
GOALS FOR 2018
- Ensure up to 400 children annually have safe and nurturing homes through foster care and adoptions.
- Up to 600 children will complete School Readiness programs annually, receive screening for potential developmental delays and referral for more in-depth services as needed.
- Up to 400 parents will participate in family enrichment programming to improve their social
- supports and resources, family functioning and parenting skills.
You May Also Like
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: APLA Health
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: American Cancer Society - Culver City Office
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Providence Foundations, Los Angeles Region
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wolf Connection