Greater Los Angeles, Inland Empire, South Ventura County
Improving the lives of local families affected by Alzheimer’s/Dementia by increasing awareness, delivering effective programs/services, providing compassionate support, and advocating for quality care and a cure.
Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles became 100% local in January 2016. All money raised stays within Greater Los Angeles and the Inland Empire, allowing us to provide free programs and services to individuals and their families.
Heather Cooper Ortner
President and CEO
Dr. Debra Cherry
Executive Vice President
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board Co-Chair, Sard Verbinnen & Co.
Gary L. Ferrell
Treasurer, Ferrell Consulting
Immediate Past Chair
Lisa Chalfin, Warner Pacfic Insurance Services Inc.
Kenneth Chiate, Quinn Emanuel
Chad Cole, First Light Real Estate
Helena Chui, M.D., University of Southern California
Leonor Gavina-Valls, F. Gavina & Sons, Inc.
Ingrid Graham, The Movement Talent Agency
Robert Hirsch, S.A.H. Investments
Susan Disney Lord, The Bel Air Restaurant
Kyle Mabry, American Airlines
Susan M. Reynolds, KPMG Advisors
Karl Schulze, Schulze Haynes Loevenguth & Co.,LLC
Val Zavala, KCET
Stephen Henning, Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman LLP
Joshua Trabulus, M.D.
Stephen Breuer, Wilshire Boulevard Temple
Alzheimer’s Greater LA holds many fundraising events throughout the year:
- An Unforgettable Evening
- walk4ALZ® (locations throughout our service area)
- arts4ALZ/Memories in the Making Art Auction
- women4ALZ® Visionary Women’s Awards Luncheon
- Salon events
Events Helpline Office administration Public policy Support group facilitation Education programs Community outreach
- Matching gifts (contact your HR department)
- Corporate giving
- Planned giving
- Payroll deduction
- Host your own fundraising event
- Donate your unwanted car. Truck, boat or RV
- Event sponsorship
GOALS FOR 2018
• Increase public awareness of Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles, and our free programs & services for individuals and families
• Increase awareness of the scope and scale of Alzheimer’s/dementia to Greater LA/Inland Empire and the impact it has on families and communities
• Decrease reticence in reaching out to Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles for support
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: Alzheimer’s Los Angeles
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Women and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Providence Foundations, Los Angeles Region
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: APLA Health
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Children’s Bureau
- CFO Awards 2018 Nominees: CEO Watch - Cyber Security Remains Real Threat, Especially For Small-to Mid-Size Firms