Better is Possible
As I embark on my new role to lead the Los Angeles region, I am humbled and grateful to know that our team members are having such a great impact throughout the country and especially here in Los Angeles. Although a native Californian, I have only been here a short period of time in my new region but have already seen and experienced first-hand the amazing commitment and pride our Los Angeles team members have in giving back to our community. At Wells Fargo, our belief is that we are only as strong as the communities that we serve. When they succeed, so do we. That is why I can absolutely affirm that our culture continues to focus on the best interest of our community and our corporate social responsibility is a top priority.
As the largest corporate donor in Los Angeles, we are proud of the long-standing partnerships that are truly making a lasting and positive impact in our communities. September marked our annual company-wide Wells Fargo Community Support Campaign, themed “Better is Possible” for the 2017 year. The annual campaign helps our team members align our giving, volunteering and commitment to the charities we each individually choose to support.
In Los Angeles, more than 10,000 team members renewed their commitments to live the Wells Fargo Vision & Values by being active in their communities. Team members personally donated a combined $4.8 million and participated in various service activities across the footprint. On any given weekend, you will see our team member teaching financial literacy, helping build homes, mentoring youth and serving on nonprofit boards.
Last year in Los Angeles:
- The Wells Fargo Foundation donated more than $19 million annually to local charities, individuals and families with almost $6 million in support of homelessness, affordable housing, economic development and financial literacy
- Wells Fargo volunteers recorded 40,449 hours locally
- The company gave each team member 16 hours off for volunteering
- Wells Fargo matches donations up to $5,000 to accredited educational institutions
'At Wells Fargo, our belief is that we are only as strong as the communities that we serve. When they succeed, so do we.'
Wells Fargo contributes in areas that we believe are important to our nation’s vitality and success. Our first priority is to support programs and organizations whose chief purpose is to benefit low- to moderate-income individuals and families. We look for projects that keep our communities strong, diverse, and vibrant.
Other highlights include:
- Wells Fargo has had the top employee-giving campaign in the U.S. for eight consecutive years, as recognized by United Way Worldwide
- Over the past four years, Wells Fargo has given more than $1 billion to nonprofits
- Team members volunteered 1.73 million hours in their communities in 2016
It is an honor to be a part of this amazing group of talented team members; and I am excited to lead a region that has already done so much and will continue to do even more for our City of Angels. Thank you to all our partners for allowing us to make a difference here in Los Angeles!
Michael Ormonde is Wells Fargo region bank president for Los Angeles.
You May Also Like
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: MICHAEL ORMONDE
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit 2018: The Importance of Appreciating Differences
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: APLA Health
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles
- Salute to Veterans: RSM Thanks Our Nation’s Veterans