SpaceX, the Hawthorne-based rocket company founded by billionaire Elon Musk, added $100 million in new funding to its recent haul, bringing the total raised since late July to $450 million, according to a Monday filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The amended Series H round includes 25 unnamed investors and values Space Exploration Technologies Corp. at $21.5 billion, putting it among the world’s most valuable privately owned firms, according to Equidate, a marketplace for private company stock.
Last month, NASA awarded SpaceX a $97-million contract for a Sentinel-6A mission in 2020 aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket to study ocean topography and weather data.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
You May Also Like
- SpaceX Chief Buys Bel-Air Home
- SpaceX Challenged by Jeff Bezos’ Vertically Landing Rocket
- Musk's Second Marriage Out of Gas
- SpaceX to Launch Again This Weekend
- SpaceX Makes Successful Rocket Launch and Landing
- Musk Makes Push to Launch Military Satellites
- Good News for Port of L.A.
- Silicon Beach Report April 13: Too Many Robots for Elon Musk