Raytheon's New Sensor Array; Snap's Latest Approach on Immersive; Black Eyed Peas Add AR for Graphic Novel
Raytheon launched its VIIRS sensor array onboard a Delta II rocket this month as a component of the Joint Polar Satellite System-1, the Business Journal Reports. The dishwasher-sized sensor was built by 150 employees and is the second VIIRS sensor in orbit. It promises to drastically improve the quality of data collected by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Snapchat’s latest bid to build business with immersive ads brought this week’s introduction of two new products dubbed Promoted Stories and Augmented Reality Trial, according to TechCrunch.
TechCrunch reports that the L.A.-based band Black Eyed Peas and frontman will.i.am released an augmented reality app for its graphic novel "Masters of the Sun: The Zombie Chronicles."
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report April 18: Snap Launches Additional Augmented Reality Features for Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 27: Snapchat Launches Augmented Reality Product Placement
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 3: Snap Acquires Metamarkets
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 3: Snap’s Spiegel Doesn’t Regret IPO Timing, But Wants to Communicate Better with Investors
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 30: Facebook Cloning Efforts Appear to Curb Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 28: J2 Global’s Hemi Zucker to Step Down, Lead VC Firm
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 21: Tuition.io Raises $7 Million