Divergent 3D announces $65 million round for 3-D printed car frames; Elon Musk claims Boring Co. generated $300,000 by selling hats; and an L.A. councilman wants cybersecurity programs for small businesses.
Divergent 3D, a 3-D printing design shop and manufacturer, announced on Wednesday that it plans to close a $65 million Series B financing round close to Dec. 15, the Business Journal reports. The Series B round also has an investor option of $40 million. The Torrance-based startup was founded by its Chief Executive Kevin Czinger in 2014, and plans to provide its 3-D printing and design services to automotive makers.
Billionaire Elon Musk claims to have made $300,000 in hat sales for his tunneling venture called The Boring Co., CNBC reports. The company started selling the $20 hat in October with "The Boring Company" emblazoned on the front.
L.A. City Councilman Mitch Englander introduced a measure this week to expand cybersecurity services accessible to small businesses in Los Angeles, the Business Journal reports. The motion, introduced at Wednesday’s City Council meeting, directs the city’s Economic and Workforce Development Department and Information Technology Agency to report back to the council on developing training programs to protect the data networks of small businesses and that can be offered free-of-charge at all citywide Business Source Centers.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Divergent 3D Announces $65 Million Round for 3-D Printed Car Frames
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 25: Ring Raises $109 Million, Eyes IPO
- Deals & Dealmakers: Crowdfunding by Gender Break
- Silicon Beach Report April 13: Too Many Robots for Elon Musk
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 2: Science Closes $75 Million Fund
- Silicon Beach Report June 19: Snap Signs $100 Million Deal With Time Warner
- Musk’s L.A. Play