Los Angeles Downtown-based Gensler, a global architecture, design and planning firm, was selected to redevelop a portion of the former Northrop Grumman Corp. industrial site on Douglas Street in El Segundo into a creative office campus, according to the new owner of the property.
Sawtelle-based real estate firm Hackman Capital Partners acquired the 30-plus acre site from Northrup Grumman in October of 2016. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The campus has four buildings that 550,000 square feet and is located across the street from the Los Angeles Laker’s new practice facility.
Downtown-based brokerage CBRE Group Inc.’s Bill Bloodgood, John Ayoob, Jeff Pion have been retained as the property’s listing brokers.
The redevelopment project is slated to break ground early next year with delivery in mid-2019, according to the firm.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Hackman Taps Gensler for El Segundo Makeover
- Developer Clears Out of Mixed-Use Complex
- Gensler to Design Port Research Center
- El Segundo Means Business in Pursuing Diversity
- Gensler Selected to Design Farmers Field
- Getting Second Look
- Production Company Buys Into Westlake
- Big Projects Fill in Where Once Stood Major Aerospace Efforts