Christopher Woodrow, the producer the Oscar-winning film “Birdman,” as well as “Black Mass” and “Hacksaw Ridge,” plans to launch his own blockchain-based token called MovieCoin in the first quarter of 2018, Bloomberg reports. Funds raised in the sale, or initial coin offering, will go toward financing a portfolio of movies. Investors will benefit as the tokens, which can be traded in the secondary market, would appreciate based on the success of the films
SpaceX's planned Friday launch of a secretive government payload from Kennedy Space Center has been delayed to an unspecified date as teams continue to investigate a possible hardware issue, Florida Today reports. The company had been tentatively planning to launch the "Zuma" mission from pad 39A during a two-hour window that opened at 8 p.m. Friday, but delayed a third time after a review of testing data indicated that there could be fairing issues.
Gwynne Shotwell, president of SpaceX, said she expected the company would receive additional funding from the U.S. government to support the development of its large reusable launch system, SpaceNews reports. Speaking at the NewSpace Europe conference on Nov. 16, Shotwell noted that SpaceX is already receiving funding from the U.S. Air Force supporting the development of Raptor, the engine that will power the vehicle known as BFR, or Big Falcon Rocket, and the reusable spacecraft known as BFS or Big Falcon Spaceship.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 20: Ten Franchise Teams for ‘League of Legends’ North American e-sports League Unveiled
- Silicon Beach Report May 22: Openpath Launches with $7 Million Raise
- SpaceX Rocket Launch Scrubbed
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- SpaceX Reusable Rocket Makes Horizontal Return
- Garcetti Announces SpaceX Will Build Big Falcon Rocket at Port of L.A.
- Silicon Beach Report May 9: Ring Launches Neighbors App
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 6: Otoy Plans to Raise $134 Million via Digital Token Sale