RSM US LLP (“RSM”) has several employee network groups (ENGs) that represent the firm’s Culture Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) program.
One of these ENGs is the Stars and Stripes Network Group. This network is composed of prior military and friends/family of those interested in supporting our veterans across all genders, age, stage and demographics focusing on:
- community service,
- business development, and
- leadership development.
The network has leaders in each of the firm’s five geographical regions, including the West Coast. Each region has a primary focus on initiatives such as homeless veterans through Volunteers of America, working with children of disabled and fallen soldiers through Folds of Honor.
Within the regions, there are several other local initiatives that each office feels most compelled to support within their market. Examples include:
- Being named a Yellow Ribbon recipient in the state of Minnesota, due to RSM’s focus on supporting veterans in areas such as recruiting, training and development.
- In our Florida market, RSM worked with the Wounded Warrior Project and the US Naval Sea Cadet Corp on local fundraising activities.
- In the Philadelphia market, employees secured food and clothing for local homeless veterans in conjunction with Comfort House.
- In Boston, RSM professionals partner with Home Base, an organization focused on helping veterans dealing with the invisible wounds of war.
- Last month, in Orange County, RSM participated in the third annual Patriot Golf Tournament to raise funds for veterans and their children.
Two key national initiatives are currently underway. One involves working with Hire Purpose to drive recruitment of veterans and their spouses. Another involves working with Folds of Honor in a unique mentoring program with students majoring in business or accounting. Through this program, students selected by Folds of Honor receive scholarships funded from the RSM Foundation. These students not only receive assistance in all areas of study related to their major, but they also receive personal guidance on common critical thinking skills within the business arena.
Another way RSM supports those serving and those who have served our country is through Military Appreciation Day at The RSM Classic, a PGA TOUR event sponsored by RSM. Through Military Appreciation Day, various activities take place throughout one day of the tournament each year, including the Folds of Honor Million Dollar Challenge. Through the challenge, the person hitting “closest to the pin” wins a special grand prize package, and the first qualifier to make a hole-in-one wins a $1 million dollar prize—$500,000 of which will be donated in support of The Folds of Honor Foundation.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Executive Education (March 11): The Cal Lutheran Executive MBA
- Executive Education (March 11): A New Era in Business Education
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wells Fargo Continues to Commit Itself to the City of Los Angeles
- Leaders in Law 2018: LACBA Offers Independent Juvenile Defender Program
- Spotlight on Education: Survey Reveals that MBA Graduates are Seen as More Desirable to Employers
- Executive Education: Woodbury University - The Benefits of Practice-Based Learning
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest