Brian Calle, opinion editor for Southern California News Group, will leave his post to become an operating partner overseeing the operations of LA Weekly.
The plan, confirmed by Calle, comes on the heels of last month’s announcement that LA Weekly parent Voice Media Group (VMG) had reached an agreement to sell the alternative paper to Semanal Media, a downtown-based entity established for the purposes of the transaction.
The deal, terms of which were not disclosed, is expected to close by the end of the month.
Attorney David Welch of downtown’s D|R Welch Attorneys at Law is among the partners in the venture. Other partners have not been disclosed.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Judge Denies Bid to Seal LA Weekly Lawsuit
- LA Weekly Vs. New Alternative
- LA Weekly Aims to Change on Fly
- LA Weekly Moves Downtown
- LA Weekly Interim Editor Suspended for Offensive Tweets
- LA Weekly Investor Sues Other LA Weekly Investors, Including Publisher
- Embattled Owner of LA Weekly Behind New O.C. Publication
- Buyer Clear of Weinstein Suits on Asset Purchase