Walt Disney Co. has held discussions in recent weeks to acquire most of the assets of 21st Century Fox, according to a CNBC report.
The talks have reportedly taken place in recent weeks, though the two sides are not currently talking. The talks, according to the report, result from a belief among senior management at Fox that the company must focus on sports and news coverage in order to compete in an entertainment marketplace with consumers increasingly consuming media digitally.
You May Also Like
- Disney Outbids Comcast With New $71.3B Offer for Fox
- Report: Disney's Iger May Stay On
- Hulu Will Not Be Sold
- Shareholders Swiftly Approve Disney’s Purchase of Fox
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 14: Disney to Gain Control of Hulu after 21st Century Fox Asset Acquisition
- Robert Iger
- Mouse + Fox Eager to Grow
- Disney Picks Up 21st Century Fox for $52 Billion