Activision Blizzard’s third-quarter results beat expectations, HP and Intel become sponsors for Activision Blizzard’s Overwatch League and Snapchat adds tracking pixels.
Activision Blizzard reported third-quarter earnings that beat Wall Street’s expectations, as the company touted the performances of its “Destiny 2” launch and its King mobile games division, reports Venture Beat. Activision Blizzard reported adjusted earnings per share of 47 cents, down from 49 cents a share a year earlier. Revenues were $1.61 billion, up from $1.57 billion a year earlier.
Tech giants HP and Intel have teamed with Activision Blizzard’s Overwatch League as part of a sponsorship agreement, The Hollywood Reporter reports. The size of the multiyear sponsorship agreement is undisclosed, but will see players equipped with HP Omen gaming PCs and displays, used exclusively for Overwatch League matches, powered by Intel Core i7 processors.
Snap Inc.’s Snapchat is giving its advertisers the ability to employ a pixel, a key tool to make ads more trackable and targeted, Ad Age reports. Using the tool, brands can measure when a person saw their ads on Snapchat and then subsequently visited one of their digital media properties.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 6: Blizzard Reveals Details of Upcoming Overwatch League Season
- Activision Blizzard Plans E-Sports League with City-Based Teams
- Silicon Beach Report April 30: Overwatch League Signs Bud Light as Sponsor
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Activision Blizzard Inc. Launches Pro League for Overwatch
- Los Angeles Rams Owner Stan Kroenke Buys E-sports Team
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 10: Snap Announces Deal with A&E to Develop First Original Snapchat Show
- Silicon Beach Report March 30: Fandango Relocates Staff to L.A. Office
- Activision Blizzard to Open Burbank E-Sports Arena