Hippeas’ chickpea puffs are getting a boost from actor Leonardo DiCaprio and private equity firm Strand Equity Partners.
DiCaprio and Chicago’s Strand took unspecified minority stakes in Hippeas maker Green Park Snacks, the food company announced this week. Green Park was founded by Livio Bisterzo in 2015 and has headquarters in Santa Monica and London.
Hippeas, which are vegan and gluten-free, are sold on Amazon.com and in more than 20,000 stores in the United States and U.K., including Starbucks, Albertson’s, and Whole Foods. The company projected revenue will triple this year.
Strand Equity, which specializes in consumer-branded products, has also invested in beverage brands Vita Coco, WTRMLN WTR, and Bai Brands.
DiCaprio last year invested in Runa Tea, which is headquartered in Brooklyn, N.Y., and sells naturally caffeinated tea.
Caroline Anderson is a staff reporter covering restaurants, retail, and hospitality. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Snack Puffs Up
- Strand Equity Invests in Van Leeuwen Ice Cream Brand
- Meal Kit Service Mixes in Campbell Soup
- Page 3: Food as Deal Fodder
- Deals & Dealmakers: TaskUs Valued at $500M
- Private Equity Firm Opts for Dough, Sells Stake in Pretzel Chain
- DiCaprio’s Paramount Deal
- Coca-Cola’s Tastes Run To Organic Drink