Shawn “Jay Z” Carter and Live Nation have announced an exclusive 10-year touring partnership, continuing the rapper’s longstanding partnership with the world’s biggest live-entertainment company.
The deal includes worldwide touring and will include Live Nation producing and promoting Jay Z concert events.
The partnership was first reported by Variety, which quoted an unnamed source saying it was worth $200 million.
The deal, which Variety compared to Live Nation’s 2007 $120 million deal with Madonna, will keep Jay Z under a touring contract with the company until he is 57 years old.
In a statement, Jay Z said that for the next decade, he and Live Nation “will continue redefining the live event landscape.”
Contact media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman for the latest in L.A. business news.
You May Also Like
- Live Nation, Jay Z Deal Official
- Beyonce Knowles-Carter & Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter
- Jay-Z Signs Deal With Universal Music
- Live Nation Close to Deal With Jay Z
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 50. BEYONCÉ KNOWLES & SHAWN “JAY Z” CARTER
- 49. Beyoncé Knowles-Carter & Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter
- U2 Gets $19 Million of Live Nation Stock
- Penske Media Corp. Acquires Sourcing Journal