SpaceX to relaunch second used rocket in June, Ellen DeGeneres adds show to YouTube, and agencies say Snapchat self-service feature will make it competitive with Facebook.
A communications satellite built for Bulgarian operator Bulgaria Sat will be the second payload to launch on a previously-flown SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket in June, reports Space News. The use of a reused first stage lowers the launch price and “makes it possible for smaller countries and companies to launch their own satellites,” said Maxim Zayakov, chief executive of Bulgaria Sat.
YouTube announced a new slate of shows including “Show Me More Show,” a twice-weekly behind-the-scenes program from Ellen DeGeneres, reports TechCrunch. Publishing content on YouTube is a departure from DeGeneres’ strategy of posting content to EllenTube.
Digital agencies said Snapchat’s recently launched self-service advertising buying feature would make the platform more competitive with rival Facebook, reports DigiDay. Snapchat’s automated advertising services previously lagged behind Facebook and Google.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 30: Washio Folds Operations Following Inability to Find Buyer
- Silicon Beach Report July 18: Snapchat in Talks for Hollywood TV Shows
- SpaceX to Relaunch Old Rocket: Silicon Beach Afternoon Roundup
- Silicon Beach Report March 30: Fandango Relocates Staff to L.A. Office
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 20: Whatsapp Updates with Snapchat-Like Vanishing Content
- More To Say
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: SpaceX Plans ‘Silly Payload’ on First Falcon Heavy Launch in Late Summer
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 23: SpaceX Won’t Try to Land Its Next Rocket