Industrial PowerSource Inc., a distributor and servicer of industrial batteries has been acquired by Crown Battery Manufacturing Co. for an undisclosed amount.
Industrial PowerSource, based in Santa Fe Springs, will continue to operate under its name and will be a subsidiary of Crown Battery. Its 25 employees are expected to stay on at the company and will add to Crown’s 550 employees.
“We are excited, this will lead to some good things for Crown Battery as it extends its footprint in the West Coast,” said Josh Taft, general manager at Industrial PowerSource.
Industrial PowerSource distributes and services batteries and chargers for forklift trucks and other material handling equipment. Crown, based in Fremont, Ohio, is a manufacturer and supplier of batteries used in material handling, renewable energy, electric vehicles, commercial truck, mining, and railroad, according to its website.
The companies have worked with each other for the past 15 years, with Industrial PowerSource distributing Crown’s batteries in the Southern California region. The acquisition will also give Crown Battery a 20,000-square-foot factory-owned facility in Santa Fe Springs.
Manufacturing and trade reporter Shwanika Narayan can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @shwanika.
You May Also Like
- Battery Companies Charge Into Deal
- Pomona Manufacturer Analytical Industries Acquired by Battery Ventures
- Redondo Beach Vaporizer Distributor Sold to Cannabis Supply Company
- California Cartage Co. Acquired by NFI Industries
- Highview Capital Acquires Two Manufacturing Companies
- Clearlake Capital Portfolio Company Acquires Amcor Industries
- Reliance Steel Acquires Two Metal Fabrication Companies
- Packaging Company Boxes Up Distributor