Honest Co.’s CEO Brian Lee steps down, venture capital firm Blockchain Capital raises funds by selling digital currency, and SpaceX successfully launches EchoStar satellite.
Honest Co. co-founder Brian Lee stepped down Thursday from his role as chief executive, reports the Business Journal. He is replaced as chief executive by Nick Vlahos, who was previously the executive vice president and chief operating officer of the Clorox Co. of Oakland.
Blockchain Capital plans to raise a $50 million venture capital fund, partially through the sale of its own digital currency, reports Reuters. The bulk of the capital will come from the firm's partners, but the rest will be raised through an “initial coin offering” of proprietary digital tokens, called BCAP.
Space Exploration Technology Corp. launched on of its Falcon 9 rockets carrying an EchoStar 23 satellite on Thursday, reports SpaceNews. The company did not attempt to recover the rocket via a landing because the craft needed to use up its fuel to lift the heavy satellite into orbit.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report May 21: SpaceX Readies for Dual Payload Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 11: SpaceX to Launch Another Used Rocket
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 24: Battery Pack Manufacturer Romeo Power Raises $30 Million
- Honest Co. Asks Judge to Settle Slippery Trademark Dispute
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 6: Otoy Plans to Raise $134 Million via Digital Token Sale
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 30: Washio Folds Operations Following Inability to Find Buyer
- SpaceX Nails Another Landing
- SpaceX Makes Successful Rocket Launch and Landing