A $24.9 million spec house has hit the market in Bel Air, developed by former Hollywood producer-turned-developer Tariq Jalil and architect Cain Calderon Leon, who also designed the home.
The over 12,600-square-foot property at 1737 Bel Air Road comes complete with a $60,000 tub in the master bathroom and $6,000 toilets in the penthouse bathrooms.
The 9-bedroom and 14-bathroom mansion also features a cigar-smoking room, yoga studio, climate-controlled wine preservation room, and salon with hair and manicure/pedicure facilities.
The buyer is going to be “somebody who’s going to want to entertain and throw a lot of parties,” said listing agent Aaron Kirman of John Aaroe Group.
Cain of Cain Interiors and Construction designed the home in a “super contemporary” style, Kirman said.
Jalil purchased the property for $3 million in 2013, according to property records.
He also developed and sold a home in Beverly Hills last year through his company, J&L Development Enterprises, Kirman said.
Jalil was an executive producer on car repossession TV series Operation Repo from 2007 to 2014 and on 2010 comedy film “Marmaduke” starring Emma Stone and Owen Wilson.
Also representing the developers are Louis Evans of John Aaroe Group and Drew Fenton of Hilton & Hyland.
The listing was first reported by The Real Deal.
Residential real estate reporter Helen Zhao can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @zhaomeow.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Beyoncé and Jay Z Reportedly Make $120 Million Offer on Bel Air Mansion
- Nicolas Berggruen Purchases Former Edith Mayer Goetz Estate in Holmby Hills for $40 Million
- Largest Los Angeles Spec Home Hits the Market for $75M
- Billionaire at Home With Pricey Mansion
- Top Fox Broadcasting Exec Lists Bel Air Home for $9 Million
- Household Names Feed Niche for Home Brokers
- Architect Follows Career Blueprint to High End
- Aerospace Titan’s Ex-Home Lands Sky-High Price