Faraday Future boss Jia Yueting no longer owns the company; Ziff Davis’ Vivek Shah on publishers’ e-commerce fever; and SpaceX rolls out Falcon Heavy.
Jia Yueting is no longer the largest shareholder of Faraday Future, according to three people with knowledge of the company’s finances, because he transferred his controlling shares in the firm’s holding company to his nephew, Jiawei Wang, earlier this year, The Verge Reports. Wang was named as the company’s chief financial officer in documents filed earlier this year with the California secretary of state, and as treasurer in documents filed in 2016 with the Nevada secretary of state.
Vivek Shah, chief executive of J2’s Ziff Davis, knows a thing or two about surviving digital transitions and recently explained his strategies in a question-and-answer session, DigiDay reports. Shah, who will take over as J2’s CEO on Jan. 1, talked about the opportunity he sees in Mashable, which Ziff Davis just acquired for a reported $50 million; why not all publishers will succeed at e-commerce; and why native advertising is undergoing a correction.
SpaceX's Falcon Heavy megarocket was rolled out on the launchpad on Thursday as the company prepares for the rocket's maiden flight, which is scheduled for next month, Space.com reports. The rocket will undergo various tests before it takes off; SpaceX has not yet confirmed a launch date.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Spotify Hit with $1.6 Billion Lawsuit from L.A. Music Publisher
- Ziff Davis Agrees to Buy Mashable for $50 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 20: HappyReturns Raises $8 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 4: Boring Co. Reveals Proposed Map of Tunnel Under Los Angeles
- Vivek Shah
- Faraday Future Founder Defies Beijing Order to Return Home
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 3: Faraday Future Signs Battery Supply Agreement with LG Chem
- J2 Global’s Hemi Zucker to Step Down, Lead VC Firm