Miso Robotics, a maker of burger-flipping robotic arms, announced it has appointed former Yahoo executive Melissa Burghardt as its chief operating officer.
The Pasadena startup appointed a chief operating officer to help the company organize and execute its plans to install robots in CaliBurger restaurants starting in the first quarter of 2018, Miso Robotics said in a press release.
Miso Robotics’ robotic arm, named Flippy, was developed by a trio of Caltech-educated engineers. The arm can identify and flip patties at various stages of cooking and then place the grilled meat on a bun once finished. The startup plans to expand the installation of the robotic arm to more than 50 CaliBurger restaurants worldwide by the end of 2019.
Before joining Miso Robotics, Burghardt spent nearly a decade at Yahoo where she led business and yield management, the firm said. Her role at Miso Robotics was effective Nov. 20.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 12: Miso Robotics Hires COO to Help Expand Restaurant Installations
- Robot Gears Up as Cook
- News Briefs - December 18, 2017
- Flipping the Script
- Silicon Beach Report July 6: Snap Inc. and Competitors Bidding for World Cup Video Rights From Fox
- Silicon Beach Report March 5: SpaceX Set to Launch Hispasat 30W-6 Satellite
- Miso Robotics' Robot Chef Continues Work at Dodger Stadium
- 20 in their 20s: Robert Anderson