Boring Co. reveals proposed map of tunnel under Los Angeles; Falcon Heavy to carry a Tesla Roadster for maiden launch; and IMDbPro launches iPhone app for entertainment industry professionals.
Elon Musk's Boring Co. has released a map for its proposed tunnel network in Los Angeles, Business Insider reports. The network would hold electric skates that would allow passenger cars and automobiles to travel at speeds of up to 150 mph.
SpaceX will launch a Tesla Roadster on the maiden flight of its Falcon Heavy rocket next month, Florida Today reports. SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk announced the news on Twitter, adding: “Destination is Mars orbit. Will be in deep space for a billion years or so if it doesn’t blow up on ascent.”
IMDbPro launched an iPhone app for entertainment professionals, according to a press release. The app gives access to IMDbPro member-only benefits, including the ability to explore more than 25,000 in-development titles for film and TV, as well as insights into which professionals and titles are trending via IMDbPro’s Starmeter and Moviemeter data.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Elon Musk
- Silicon Beach Report April 27: Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Machine Revealed
- LA 500: Elon Musk
- 2. Elon Musk
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 20: SpaceX Gets $97 Million NASA Contract
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 19: SpaceX Targeting November for Mysterious 'Zuma' Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 16: Sony Skipping E3
- Musk Reveals Multistoried Tunnel System Concept in Video