Wolf Connection serves at-risk populations in Los Angeles County, and wolf/wolfdog welfare and rescue nationwide.
Wolf Connection is a unique educational sanctuary and wilderness retreat that brings people together through direct relationships with rescued wolves for the purpose of empowering the next generation to become authentic leaders and stewards of the earth.
Mission: Wolf Connection believes that the deep understanding of our relationship with animals and the environment is a powerful doorway into the development of strong individuals, productive societies, & a sustainable civilization on this planet.
• 2016 Securing our $2 million property and moving the entire operation onto the 165 acre Wolf Heart Ranch, allowing us to serve 850 youth/year subsidized through increased community supported events and corporate programming.
• 2017 Contracting for Antelope Valley School Districtwide, servicing all campuses through our first Title 1 government funding, thanks to Claremont University’s study showing statistically significant change towards the positive for program participants.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Lead of Donor Relations
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Street Poets, Inc.
Internet Brands, Inc.
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co.
Miller & Desatnik Realty Corp.
Western Gate Roots and Wings Foundation
AREAS OF FUNDING
Wolf Connection is launching a Capital Campaign which will propel us towards our goal of becoming Los Angeles’ Retreat Destination for hope, healing and growth. Including the development of transitional housing for youth aging out of foster care, gathering spaces and a second Wolf Compound for the additional rescue of 25 30 wolves. Our operational budget is nearing the $1 million mark and it’s imperative to maintain our operations for the current pack and program participants. To meet these goals, Wolf Connection offers many ways for donors to get involved through Fundraising Events. Monthly Community Hikes are where families can attend a tour of the facility and hike with the pack for a $65 fee. A few times a year we offer an intimate evening where guests are invited to a Full Moon Hike with the Pack through their $1,000 charitable donation to experience our vision though the eyes of Founder & CEO, Teo Alfero, dining by Little Pine Restaurant, a musical performance around the bonfire, hike with the wolves under the full moon, culminating with s’mores in the firelit teepee.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wells Fargo Continues to Commit Itself to the City of Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Children’s Bureau
- Youth Soccer Official Is Getting a Kick Out of Her Job
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: APLA Health
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: PHILANTHROPIST OF THE YEAR - DIANE M. REICHENBERGER