Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) covers two-thirds of Los Angeles County. This vast region is comprised of 182 communities, 51 cities, including the City of Los Angeles, and 61 unincorporated areas throughout the County. Habitat LA currently has two stores to serve the area in Bellflower and Torrance with a third scheduled to be opened by year’s end. The ReStore has 9 trucks on the road, seven days a week to pick-up donations throughout our service area.
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
COMMUNITY IMPACT IN 2017
- Raised $5.1 million through ReStore sales
- Diverted more than 1.7 million pounds of materials from landfills
President and CEO
Vice President of Retail Operations
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman – Bill Blake
Zurich North America
Past Chair – Daniel Burgner
Vice-Chair – John Manganiello
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Secretary – Greg Ferree
Southern California Edison
Treasurer – Alan Wright
Hollywood Sierra Kitchens
Max de Brouwer
Faithful Central Bible Church
Southern California Gas Company
Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
Walt Disney Imagineering
Ernst & Young
AREAS OF FUNDING
The ReStore accepts new, used, discontinued or surplus building materials, appliances and home furnishings from companies, contractors, retailers, film and television studios and individuals.
The ReStore sells donated items at drastically reduced prices to the general public. All proceeds support Habitat’s commitment to building and renovating homes in partnership with local, low-income families and individuals in greater Los Angeles.
Our home improvement thrift stores need volunteers to help run registers, load trucks, greet and help customers and prepare donated items for display. Great for team build days and students to earn their community service hours
Visit www.habitatla.org and click on VOLUNTEER to create your volunteer profile.
The ReStore is a great place to donate building materials and household items. The ReStore is a “Home Improvement Thrift Store” that is a funding source for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles, helping us to build and renovate homes with low-income families and individuals. We provide pick-up service and your donation is tax-deductible!
Items do we accept:
Brick & Block
and much more!
*Appliances must be 8 years old or less. We do not accept clothes, mattresses, box springs, electronics or baby/children’s items
GOALS FOR 2018
Open 1-2 new ReStores in Los Angeles/Westside
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wells Fargo Continues to Commit Itself to the City of Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: American Cancer Society - Culver City Office
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Children’s Bureau
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wolf Connection