Since 1990, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) has strengthened low-income communities, covering two-thirds of Los Angeles County. This vast region is comprised of 182 communities, 51 cities, including the City of Los Angeles, and 61 unincorporated areas throughout the County
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- 82 homes built, repaired or rehabbed
- 1,000 people served through better housing solutions
- 6,833 volunteers donated 1110,687 hours
- $12.1 million raised in private and public funding
President and CEO
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairman – Bill Blake
Zurich North America
Past Chair – Daniel Burgner
Vice-Chair – John Manganiello
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Secretary – Greg Ferree
Southern California Edison
Treasurer – Alan Wright
Hollywood Sierra Kitchens
Max de Brouwer
Faithful Central Bible Church
Southern California Gas Company
Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator
Walt Disney Imagineering
Ernst & Young
AREAS OF FUNDING
Building a Greater Los Angeles campaign: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) has a goal to raise and invest $100 million into affordable housing and neighborhood revitalization by 2020.
Signature Events: $5,000 - $150,000
- Los Angeles Builders Ball®
- Veterans Build
- Hollywood for Habitat for Humanity Build
- Power Women, Power Tools®
Corporate Build Day Program: Habitat LA’s Corporate Build Day Program is an exciting and engaging way for companies and their employees to give back to the local community in a tangible way. Our Corporate Build Day gives employees the opportunity to get out of the office for a day of team building. Your company’s charitable donation covers the “sticks and bricks” of the build day.
ReStores: The ReStores are “Home Improvement Thrift Stores” that accept surplus building materials and gently used household items. We provide pick-up service and your donation is tax-deductible.
Construction: No construction experience is required, just a willingness to learn and work hard. Our experienced construction on-site staff will teach you everything you need to know.
ReStore: Our home improvement thrift stores need volunteers to help run registers, load trucks, greet and help customers and prepare donated items for display.
You May Also Like
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles ReStores
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: APLA Health
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Alzheimer’s Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Children’s Bureau
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Wells Fargo Continues to Commit Itself to the City of Los Angeles
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: American Cancer Society - Culver City Office