L.A.’s MarketCast acquires Fizziology, SpaceX launches Falcon 9 rocket with heavy load of scientific experiments, Snapchat debuts Crowd Surf, a video-stitching feature.
Mid-Wilshire data analytics and marketing research services provider MarketCast has acquired data analytics company Fizziology, headquartered in Indianapolis, reports the Business Journal. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket successfully launched a Dragon cargo spacecraft on Monday with a diverse payload of science experiments for the International Space Station, reports Space News. The Dragon is carrying 2,910 kilograms of cargo for the ISS, of which nearly 75 percent is science investigations and experiment hardware.
Snapchat launched its Crowd Surf feature at a Lorde concert over the weekend, reports Mashable. The feature stitches together video from different perspectives at select live events by syncing audio recordings.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report April 3: SpaceX Plans ‘Silly Payload’ on First Falcon Heavy Launch in Late Summer
- SpaceX Plans ‘Silly Payload’ on First Falcon Heavy Launch in Late Summer
- Silicon Beach Report March 31: Snapchat Launches Stories Search
- SpaceX Dragon Makes Historic Arrival at Space Station
- SpaceX Dragon Ends Historic Trip to Space Station
- Silicon Beach Report May 5: SpaceX to Relaunch Second Used Rocket in June
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 29: Proofpoint to Acquire Secure Browser Developer Weblife for $66 Million
- SpaceX: Mission Not Exactly Accomplished