Hong Kong Airlines Ltd. is launching nonstop flights between Los Angeles International Airport and Hong Kong International Airport on Dec. 18, it announced last week.
The route marks Hong Kong Airlines’ entry into the continental U.S. market; the airline entered the North American market in June with daily service from Vancouver, British Columbia, to Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Airlines is the second carrier to offer service between LAX and the Hong Kong market. Air China Ltd. recently announced the launch of four daily flights to Shenzhen, across the Pearl River Delta from Hong Kong, that also will start in December.
Hong Kong Airlines will use Airbus 350 aircraft for its flights, which will kick off in December at four times weekly and expand to daily service in January. Business-class tickets start at $5,271 including taxes and fees, with economy-class tickets starting at $786.
The airline also announced it is partnering with famous Hong Kong actor Jackie Chan for a marketing campaign to drum up business for its new North American routes.
– Howard Fine
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Daily Flight Service from LAX to Hong Kong Launching in December
- Another Chinese Airline Lands at LAX
- Xiamen Airlines to Bring New China Route to LAX
- LAX Traffic Up 4.5 Percent in 2017, International Up 8.7
- American Airlines Will Fly Non-Stop to Buenos Aires from LAX
- First Nonstop Flights From LAX to Africa to Begin Next Month
- JetBlue Returns to Ontario Airport; Reduces Flights at Long Beach
- LAX Adds Nonstop Flights to Helsinki, Three US Cities